Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Interview with One of the "Boss Points" Highscore Leaders: Dash Deluxe

Hi! It's great that you agreed to give us an interview! First of all, tell us who is Dash Deluxe in real life and in the game. 

Hello, I'm Dash Deluxe, a 1400 master sorcerer in Secura.
In real life I am 25 years young German man working for company in München.

How did your adventure with Tibia start?

In 2008 on a skiing trip, I got into a conversation with a now good friend of mine about this 2D pixel game. So basically after the ski-weekend I went to my dad's PC and downloaded Tibia.

What do you like to do besides playing Tibia?

Skiing, swimming, cooking, dancing, drinking & just taking a walk outside.

Tell us something about your Tibia routine. What way of playing do you think best describes your character? Charlover, RPG player, or maybe you love to level up regularly? 

Logging in and making nice content like Ebb'n'Flow & Gnomprona hunts, as well as Soulwar/Primal services or I am doing Bestiary and bosses for my Bosstiary and a little bit of retro hardcore PvP in guild core for fun and joy 🙂

How did your adventure in this "boss-business" start? Have you been a boss-hunter for years, or did you only start taking an interest in this after the introduction of the Bosstiary?

The release of the Bosstiary fully involved me - F U L L Y!
I found pretty fast players with the same interest so we started as a small group sharing Nemesis boss kills and informing each other about recent boss checks.

Do you have your favourite boss-hunters who inspire you? Or any player in particular? Did someone encourage you to try your hand at it? 

Lamane Gacek & his friend Master Player. This duo brought me to the place where I am right now. T H A N K S !!!

Do you participate in any groups focused on Bosstiary? Or, aside from lever bosses, do you hunt the bosses yourself?

Yes, of course, we have the best Bossdiscord!

What is your relationship with other boss-hunters on the server? 

It's perfect! We are all on one Discord and working together as a community. You can just see it by taking a look at the global ranking of Bosstiary 🙂 And here is a very good 3-minute video made by Zarakson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP6nWO-l2aw

Tell us something about your greatest achievements and the loot you enjoyed the most! 

A nice loot for me was Silver Mace looted from Countess Sorrow, which I found just before Tengil found Dracola.

And are there any failures that you have had in this field? Any particular bad luck that happened to you while checking out bosses? 

Yes, and it's since then part of our Discord and website logo.

Ocyakao is my real archenemy Nemesis boss. I am hard stuck at 1/5 because of... I don't wanna talk about it... xD

Is there anything that you want and would like to get, but haven't managed to do it yet? 

Double "Bag You Desire" from one of the six Soulwar Quest bosses xD

Is there an item you've looted that is special to you? 

Mmm not yet, but maybe one day! 

Do you sell your looted items, or do you keep them as memorials of your boss adventures?

If they look nice in my eyes I will always have a spot for them in my house.

What do you miss about the game, being a boss-hunter? Do you have any interesting ideas about what CipSoft could change or add to make our adventures with bosses more interesting?

Additionally to the Bosstiary entries, it would be nice to see all the stats of the bosses like resistance, health points & possible loot drops - similar to bestiary so only with looting you change it from the "question mark" to the item picture.

We all have a lot of theories about bosses. Is there any advice you'd like to share with newcomers to this topic? 

If you didn't get the kill - don't be angry because it spawns again soon!

I think the only pattern of bosses in Tibia is the time frame they have to spawn. In my opinion if you "track" bosses long enough you will notice that the chance of spawning on the first, last or in the middle of the time frame is the same.

Besides the theory about the bosses, do you have any theories about the loot? Any special items that you believe are from a boss but haven't looted yet?

No, but just to spread some rumors that came to my ears: Zarabustor drops the Golden Helmet, Burster, and Dreadful Disruptor drop the Menacing and Crackling Egg.

Did you already know TibiaBosses.com? If so, how did he help you on your adventures?

Yes, a little bit. However, it didn't help me much. The person who helped me and my community the most is the turbo noob ms on Secura, Master Player.

Do you have any tips for the player starting out in the Boss Hunter life?

Yes, get connected with other boss-hunters, share information with each other, set up some clear and easy rules and you will enjoy your Bosstiary mission.

What's your favourite boss?

Ocyakao

And now about the new Bosstiary feature. What did you think of the tool? Do you think it was a good implementation?

I think it was a good implementation because it re-activated some very old and to be honest in my opinion forgotten content. Also, the big interest of bosspoints brings players together that didn't even know before that the other player exists.

Is there some kind of competition between the highest scorers in the game? Is your goal to continue being in the Top 1?

A little bit sure, everywhere with a ranking, there is and should be competition.
For sure not, because I skipped all bosses from the Bane category and there are no plans to do them at all xD

What is the impact of Bosstiary in the life of a boss-hunter like you? Did it affect your routine? Are you focused on accumulating more points?

It is something similar to the Prey system for me - checking daily the boosted boss, as well as which boss I have on a slot from yesterday so I start with this one today. I am not anymore focused because the "missing" points that I want to get will come in time. I am aiming for ~201 % Boss-bonus. For weeks I am enjoying my daily hunts, as well as my daily Soulwar Quest runs.

To stay on top you need to be very effective. What's your tactic to get more points?

Staying in touch with boss-hunters and don't miss a boss announcement on my Discord that I need!

Tibiabosses.com thank you for your participation in this interview! Any final messages for our readers?

USE WANDS AND RODS FROM THAIS MUSEUM AND LISTEN TO THE CALLS OF THE FINDER WHEN YOU GO TO A NEMESIS BOSS!!! XD
Thanks for the interview and see you on the boss points scoreboard!