Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Interview with a Boss-Hunter: Bomdrax

Hi, how are you guys doing? We're starting a new series for boss hunters! It's a series of interviews with boss hunters who use our site as a tool in their adventure. They will share with you some information, loots, funny and even sad anecdotes, we will learn a little more about the players and what makes them like to hunt bosses. My name is Xizyy, I play Gentebra, I am from Brazil and I am a boss hunter retired since 2018. Nowadays I play sporadically. I have been part of the Tibiabosses.com crew since 2017 being the only Brazilian there and I will be your reporter, so get ready and let's get it started!

BOMDRAX

Today we will be interviewing an honorary site member who has always used our site as a tool and has an enviable collection of looted items, screenshots that always make it to the finals of our monthly and annual contests!

- Hello, Bomdrax! How are you doing? Thanks for agreeing to the interview, we're glad to hear from you!

- Hi, I appreciate the invitation! I'm honored to be a part of this project.

- Could you share with us who Bomdrax is? Name, age, profession ...

- My name is Filipe Bogo, I am 30 years old, I graduated in law and I am currently a civil servant. I was born and raised in Sao Paulo, specifically in Penápolis.

- What do you like to do besides playing Tibia?

- I watch a lot of YouTube on the channels I follow, I watch movies and series. I am addicted to movies. I can spend the whole day watching movies that I have already seen before hahaha.

- Let's move on to questions related to the game. How did Tibia appear in your life?

- I was in high school. 2007 if I'm not mistaken. My friends were playing and I started getting interested in it, but at the time I didn't have a computer at home, much less the means to pay for premium time. I was playing on Keltera on a free account, usually going to internet cafes, or playing at my friends' houses. I remember, however, that I left PVP early on and started playing Optional-PVP, where I stayed till this day.

- Tell me a little about your Tibia routine.

- I haven't hunted in Tibia for a long time. My routine nowadays is doing quests, role-playing around the map, doing daily bosses, and most of all looking for the ones with irregular respawn. Checking bosses is what has been occupying almost all of my time in Tibia for a long time, and also what I like to do the most and what attracts me the most to the game.

- How did boss hunting come into your life?

- It was on Pacera. One of the guild members who became my friend was a boss hunter. I remember he found Zushuka and called me to kill her together. I had never seen any bosses in the game before, I didn't know anything about them, I only knew the ones that appear during raids. My friend taught me the mechanics of killing them and I immediately became interested in it. Since then they have become my life in Tibia. The mechanics of killing Zushuka stayed in my head, and then I started looking for other bosses.

- Did anyone inspire you in the beginning? Does anyone still inspire you today?

- It was definitely this friend of mine. His nickname was Gambiarras. He spent hours chasing after Zushuka and Hirintror. He was one of the great Pacera boss-hunters. I was watching him on his hunts, which inspired me a lot. Nowadays I often follow Tibiabosses.com and see that there are many great players out there.

- Tell me about your acquired "rares"? Your list is enviable.

- Let's just say the bosses have been very generous to me, hahaha. I've already collected Eye Of The Storm, Sun Mirror, Amazon Armor, Furious Frock, Glass of Goo, Goo Shell, Trapped Lightning, Icy Culottes, Shrunken Head Necklace, Triplebolt Crossbow, Wooden Whistle, Fur Cap, Horn, Albino Plate, Silver Mace, Ravager's Axe, Reaper's Axe, Vampire Silk Slippers, Elemental Spikes, Mage's Cap, Gland, and two Great Shields from Ferumbras Mortal Shell.

- I'm really impressed with your drops, it's really the pinnacle of any boss hunter's ability! Is there anything else you want that you haven't gotten yet?

- Thanks! Yes, there is such an item - Tempest Shield. It is the most beautiful shield in the game and I've been dreaming about it forever. I still haven't had any luck with it though.

- Is there any item you've acquired that is particularly special to you?

- Yes, it's definitely Eye of the Storm. I think it's every boss hunter's biggest dream. Hunting Ocyakao is a great competition. Meeting him and seeing that item drop was the most amazing thing I experienced in Tibia. I was so excited that I jumped up from my chair! That message appearing on the screen is something I've always wanted to see. In my opinion, Eye of the Storm is the most beautiful item you can get from bosses.

- Everyone has many theories about respawns, boss appearance times, etc. Do you have any that you would like to share with us?

- At first, I noticed that some of the bosses appeared at similar times, but I thought it was just a coincidence. Then I talked to one of the famous boss-hunters and I realized that it wasn't just a coincidence. I'll leave this as a tip for those who want to start their boss adventure: always pay attention to the time when you met a boss.

- How did our site help you check out bosses and how did it come into your life?

- When I started checking out bosses, I had no idea about them. I didn't know the time frame, it was almost like checking them in the dark. One day a post about Tibiabosses.com appeared on Facebook. Someone I knew liked the post, so I looked up the site and got familiar with it. It was TibiaBosses.com that gave me the foundation to become a boss hunter. Deadlines, information, locations, stats, it was all there to help me on my path.

- Tell us a funny or sad fact from your life as a boss hunter.

- A funny one was with Mr. Punish. I was too weak to run completely POI, so I stood in the corner near the entrance to his room and watched. One day I came in and he was there, but I just didn't connect that name to the boss. I kept looking at him in the room and thinking to myself "some weird Dark Torturer...". About 3 minutes later I realized the boss was there. And it was the one that dropped Ravager's Axe, hahaha.

A sad story also involves POI. I was playing Celebra at the time and went to check out the POI bosses. On the way out of Massacre seal, my internet crashed and I died. I was so upset that I didn't go back to continue checking the other bosses. Just five minutes later, another boss hunter went there and found The Imperor, from which he dropped Tempest Shield. And I'm still trying, hahaha!

- Filipe, thank you for the interview, it's very good to have players like you using our site as a tool!

- Certainly, TibiaBosses.com has helped me a lot on this journey and I hope it will continue to help many other boss hunters!

If you like this new interview series, please give us your feedback! It would be extremely important for us to ask the best questions possible! And if you know someone who uses this site as a tool - be sure to comment by entering their nickname so we can contact them! Thanks!