Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Thristle Sharpshooter [Bona] - a novice of the Boss hunting cult

Hello everyone! I'm an in this day and age a low level player, who returned to Tibia after 894th hiatus in mid-November only to hunt some bosses. I've never been much interested in grinding levels and because I consider myself a very patient person, boss hunting is by far my most favourite activity in Tibia. I only play on one server - Bona - which is pretty highly populated, where boss hunting is rather difficult due to high competition, especially with bosses with valuable loot. However, my specialty are the so called "shitbosses", aka the unpopular, ignored bosses not worth spending a minute on. Why? I have no idea. I just like finding things. On 2.12.2021 I met the first boss, coincidentally, while not looking for one... and it almost killed me. I've been taking bosshunting seriously since mid-December~ and as of today, I have found 23.

Oh, and it's worth noting that the loot has been crap every single time.. heh..:/ thankfully, I don't do it for the loot, just for the satisfaction of finding bosses 😛 So let me present my screenshots. Before I leveled up my paladin (186 atm), I had been hunting bosses with Darfeld, my knight (176). So let's get into it!

The bastard which got me to <100 hp twice (2.12.2021 during double exp event, hence 4650 exp)

And the first successful intended find - the easy Dharalion, of course...

And more from the upcoming days...

First vampire boss:

and second

and a few more

2 Fernfangs

A MitC

..some Cublarcs

and more Dharalions

And now some shitbosses! I laughed out loud in the first one, as Xenia looks absolutely ridiculous when running with Strong Haste spamming the hearts wave 😀

...and a fellow tibiabosses legend joining the party mere seconds after me 😀

And my 2 favourite bosses - the smuggler Baron, who has his own unique corpse

and the evil cultist Tridian killed after almost 150 days... with a voice line I had never read before.

... and a super fresh corpse of The Big Bad One, sadly killed by someone else very few minutes before me 🙁

A bonus screenshot, which perfectly describes what the boss hunting journey has given me so far:

Patience is the key, I guess 😀 I'm planning to find at least 5 new bosses in February, so hopefully see you in a couple of weeks with more new screenshots!

Aw, man, don't call them shitbosses, they don't deserve that! I would easily give 10 vampire lord kills for one Xenia. Or Flamecaller Zazrak. I'm a bosshunter for 12 years already and haven't found them yet, despite hundreds of overall checks.

And really good timing with that Yaga, that could have been my 28th. Yaga was my first boss ever killed, so she has a special place in my heart. 😀 + I want to be the first one to prove that she drops the stuffed toad - only 1000x got killed during the last 7 years, so imho it's totally possible.

Anyway, what I see here is the beginning of a very good thread, so keep it going. I will surely follow.

Good luck 🙂

Oh well.... another month is over.. and so is my pacc 🙁 I will not be renewing it in the upcoming weeks, as I'll have a lot on my hands - therefore, I will only be checking the facc bosses and hopefully be done with them by the end of April/May when I suppose I'll be much more free to hunt the remaining bosses I've failed/not bothered to find. Anyway - enough bragging & bitching; let's have a look at the past month!

So, I had a goal of finding 5 new bosses with sporadic checks of those I'd already found. It's safe to say I was very successful, as instead of 5 I found 15! But first, let's start with some old friends...

Is there anything that goes together better than this forum's posts and vampire lord/Dharalion screenshots? Probably not 😀 I've only got one Dharalion, as I was fully focused on meeting new faces..

As for vampire lords, it's not even worth killing them due how worthless tokens on Bona are. The highest buy offers on market are <200k a piece. I'm glad I managed to sell all but one when they were still ~700k/each.

One Sir Valorcrest

And one Arachir the Ancient One. I was actually aiming to find Gravelord Oshuran (which happened to be killed the very same day!), but oh well...

Also, Arachir is an insanely difficult boss to take a good screenshot of due to his addiction to invisibility 😀

My second man in the cave. No fur cap.. yet

Now let's continue with the Unwanteds..

Tridian #2

2 more Yagas

My favourite smuggler #2

The Evil Eye #2 gave me a terra mantle. What I find interesting about this boss is that it actually bleeds when you hit it instead of dropping pools of slime like its brethren

One more Xenia

Alright, now let's have a look at the new trophies.

A few Arthom the Hunters and Oodok Witchmasters... not sure if I should count them as rare bosses since they are guaranteed spawns when their MWCs are active, but I really like the lore around them and their  overall design so..

.. they really aren't hard to come across 😛

Fleabringer with some strange insect-like berserk

Battlemaster Zunzu. It's actually pretty strong

and one of my proudest finds - The Voice Of Ruin! It has similar attacks to regular chosens, but I found out that paralysis is also one of its abilities.

The Blightfather. The lancer beetle raid started less than 5 minutes after the dragons + draptors raid, so the entire muggy plains were full of unusual monsters

Let's move on...

I FINALLY found a living Big Bad One. I believe this took more or less 2 months...

While we're at it.. isn't this the first documented dragon hammer loot by Ruzad? 😀

The hunt for Hairman The Huge was also tedious - over a month long.

The rare Rukor Zad

Some higher tier bosses

and last but not least, my favourite screenshot of them all - Tzumrah The Dazzler. He is quite talkative, as you can see.

That's all for now. See you next time!

good lord, you've killed a lot of them!

Really enjoy your LT, please keep it going

Back with another post! This one will be a little longer (about twice as long) than the previous two because I haven't updated the thread in almost 2 months. These 2 months were full of disappointments, frustrations, missed bosses and continued lack of loot, but hey! I've enriched my collection by another 11 new bosses, which in my book counts as success. Althought I wouldn't mind looting something at this point, hehe.

So... I decided to finally start checking the bosses that use the reward system. Here's my attempt at finding Tyrn!

...and then I gave up.

On a more positive note, I got myself a new mount!

Some good old vampire lords

Arachir #3, 4 and 5

..caught him in a bat form! 😀

Zevelon #3, 4

And Diblis #3, 4

A random Yaga #4

Fernfang #3. A memorable catch due to the unusual time I found him at: 27th day at about 6~ am (<4 hours before SS). When I checked him at about 4:30~, he hadn't been there yet.

and a random Foreman Kneebiter with another newly discovered voiceline.

Cublarc #3, 4, 5

and one more Dharalion, which I shamelessly stole from another guy. I left the loot there though, and I probably would have even if a cornucopia had been dropped. He found the boss first, so.. 😛

Now let's have a look at the new bosses. First two were taken just days after I'd written the previous post where I said I'd be looking for facc bosses for a little while.

General Moorius

The legendary Grorlam

and that's it with my short stint in the waters of facc..

The Frog Prince

Gravelord Oshuran who I'd been looking for for SO long

Weakened Shlorg #1

...and #2 as well!

A Rotworm queen in Hellgate

Dreadmaw!

White Pale #1, 2 and 3; one in Edron and two in LB:

A lizard templar flood under Chor! One of them is High Templar Cobrass, can you spot it? 😀

..and Willi the Wasp. Finally got the kill, wish I could say the same about Zomba, which I'm never able to kill myself.

A missed Ocyakao

and Zushuka. I only found a bunch of frost spiders in the cave unfortunately.

This part of the post will be dedicated to bosses I found on other worlds than Bona with my noob chars I played on for a while because I didn't know what to do with the main one.

So Ocyakao #1

and #2 too. The boss itself isn't on the screen here, but I just like the icy heart it threw at me from off-screen 😀 thanks PZ

and another 3 Dharalions, #6, 7 and 8 in total.

almost mine... 🙁

I'll end the post with orc raids. This time I reached the tower a little too late

but the other day I put another character there to not waste time walking and managed to get 2 kills. It was nice to see the raid start with orcs spawning next to us 😀 Nothing valuable was dropped.. as always.

Thanks for reading! 🙂