Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Mystery of the Mahatheb (English Version)

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next

I agree with you that it is similar to the bosses at the Hive Island in Liberty bay because that has a similar mechanic of the specific boss spawn.  The Hive Island spawn on the bottom floor is either a spidris elite or a hive overseer, just like this spawn is either a vampire or bonebeast.  Also, these spawns tend to be on a different timer than a typical monster spawn, taking more time that the surrounding monsters to respawn.  What I don't completely agree with is the assumption that it is tied to the number of monsters killed in the dungeon.  This may be the case but I just haven't seen any evidence say that this is the case so I have a hard time assuming that is the mechanic.  If there is evidence of this being how Hive Island works then I would buy in.  Also a second theory that I would add to parallel that one would be that there is a random chance that when that spawn spawns it can be a boss (very unlikely).  So things that would effect this would be repeatedly killing that specific spawn to get it to respawn.  I could see server save resetting the spawn and also possibly if unkilled for 4h but that is just a possibility.

Just throwing another theory out there until one is somewhat confirmed.

Yesterday we, with friend, killed around 1500 monsters in that tomb in like 30 minutes.
Still there were no sight of boss or even bonebeast. In case of Yielothax you need to kill 2500, so maybe we didn't kill enough. Maybe someone tried  killing some specific number of monsters?

Or maybe it's related to the number of djinns killed in the tomb? 100 for example.

That would make sense as Djinn's maybe with their power keeping this curse quiet, but when they cannot provide Mahatheb enough power, curse takes him and he spawns as a mummy. There need to be much more testing done to prove those theories.

Good reading, keep up the search guys!

Hello,

I spent a lot of time on Sunday and Monday in the Forgotten Tomb and I think I figured it out in 95%. I made it spawn. I am just not sure yet if I can make it resp the same day or do I need to wait till next SS. I will check it next weekend.

Please, enter this thread for more details. I'm Ishineon the First and Martin Ames Stark. If you want more details message me in game.

http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=thread&threadid=4593802&pagenumber=2

Hello

Would you make me a favor and write here info you've gathered? Or just send private message to me with that?
I can't answer you in tibia forum, my phone broke (had authenticator on it)  and i'm just waiting for letter with recover key so I can't log in on my account (don't want to create new).

Cheers

Quote from Drazzi0 on 9 January 2018, 13:22

Hello

Would you make me a favor and write here info you've gathered? Or just send private message to me with that?
I can't answer you in tibia forum, my phone broke (had authenticator on it)  and i'm just waiting for letter with recover key so I can't log in on my account (don't want to create new).

Cheers

I spent there two days - Sunday and Monday.

On Sunday I decided to kill as many monsters there as possible including killing every monster in the tomb and checking if this will trigger bonebeast resp. It didn't. So I killed 6000+ monsters in total, but only ~40 vampires and ~4 bonebeasts.

Next day I started with different approach. I decided to camp the lowest floor of the tomb, mostly vampire room. I killed ~50 vampires and 5 bonebeasts and after that instead of vampire or bonebeast Mahatheb respawned.

It was late in the night so I couldn't try to kill another one, however, I noticed that this time I had to kill almost 20 vampires for bonebeast to appear so it looks like bonebeast resp somehow slowed down (not sure if it's because of the fact that the wezir was killed or that the particular amount of monsters was not reached).

What I know for sure:

It's either vampire, bonebeast or Mahatheb that resp.

Mahatheb will resp even if you're in the room.

Amount of monsters killed that particular day don't trigger the respawn. (maybe the fact that I killed so much monsters day before triggered the resp? I don't know)

What I'm not sure:

Whether a vampire has 90% to respawn, bonebeast 9% and Mahatheb 1% or if it's set as follows: 9-11 vampires, 1 bonebeast x5 and then Mahatheb.

Whether Bonebeast respawn has an influence on Mahatheb resp or if it's some kind of mile stone.

Why after the wezir appeared the amount of vampires that resped before bonebeast appeared were around ~18.

I will research more during this week, especially during weekend, so more info coming.

I can't wait to see what it drops!

@Monte,

Hell of a job you did, great research! I'll surely test it out this week. Thank you.

Something unexpected happened today.

I've been camping the Mahatheb's room for 4h53m now. I killed 49 vampires and 11 bonebeasts. It looks like frequency of bonebeast respawn increased. Yesterday it was ~50 vampires to ~5 bonebeasts. I'm not sure what caused that change. I will observe this till the end of the week. I will camp it on weekend from server save to get more precise results.

Mahatheb has not appeared yet, so maybe he doesn't resp after certain amount of monsters is killed, but he has a % chance to appear. I'm confused now. Or maybe the amount of monsters killed in the tomb day before has some meaning as well? We'll see. I'll keep you updated!

Edit: 5h28m and proportions as follows: 57 vampires, 11 bonebeasts. It's getting back to normal.

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next