Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Mystery of Mahatheb II (English Version)

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next

Good morning!

I would love to participate in that post.

Yesterday I had the pleasure to kill Mahatheb in Kenora. However this is not mentioned in Kenora's bosses page, is that because Mahatheb is a random boss or..? I am curious about that if any admin could tell me why I would appreciate it 😛 

Okay so, I decided to start investigating on the mystery because now, due to Coronavirus, I spend a lot more time online (Hope you are all fine :D). I went into the boss' room yesterday and I was lucky to encounter the boss just after spending 3h inside. Here you can see my screenshot:

https://imgur.com/tclwGwJ

I had to kill the following before the boss spawned:

3 vampires
1 bonebeast
9 vampires
1 bonebeast
4 vampires
1 bonebeast
17 vampires

BOSS --> 16:45 Loot of Mahatheb: a flask of embalming fluid, 81 gold coins, 2 worms

Later I spent 4h trying to make him spawn again but I think I already wasted my luck 😛 . In the following 4h I was able to kill:

6 vampires
1 bonebeast
8 vampires
1 bonebeast
4 vampires
1 bonebeast
4 vampires
1 bonebeast
6 vampires
1 bonebeast
9 vampires
1 bonebeast
3 vampires
1 bonebeast
2 vampires
1 bonebeast
1 vampire

To sum up, I want to state two things that I hope people can confirm:

1- It always spawns 1 bonebeast in between vampires. Never two or more in a row.

2- If you take a look, just before the boss spawned, there was an increase number of vampires killed in a row. They usually spawn between 1-9 in a row before the bonebeast, but I had to kill 17 to encounter the boss.

I want to believe that this increase in the number of vampires has something to do (and now someone will post a different pattern and my post will have no sense at all hahaha). What do you think about that? Obviously I will try to go there again in double resp. to get double results in same amount of time and check the amount of spawned mobs.

Thanks for reading, hope this "theory" is useful 😀

Sincerely,

Cristina.

P.S.: I only looted an ice rapier from the vampires.. well and 3 dusts, nothing else 😆 

First of all, great congratulations to You. Meeting Mahatheb is still a big thing. I think you were very lucky to meet him on his first day  😮  Nice !

Quote from Angelina Holy on 15 May 2020, 12:14

Yesterday I had the pleasure to kill Mahatheb in Kenora. However this is not mentioned in Kenora's bosses page, is that because Mahatheb is a random boss or..? I am curious about that if any admin could tell me why I would appreciate it 😛 

We're not tracking the killing of some bosses. One of them is Mahatheb. Maybe in the future we will add bosses like Mahatheb, Xenia, Big Boss Trolliver, Foreman Kneebiter etc. Mahatheb is a very special boss. His spawn can't be predicted according to research from the last article.

1- It always spawns 1 bonebeast in between vampires. Never two or more in a row.

I think I'll disappoint you. Bonebeast could show up twice in a row. To confirm these words, below I present a small excerpt from our user's Monte study. The data are from 30 November 2018. But I think nothing has changed since then.

20:31 Loot of a vampire: 24 gold coins
20:34 Loot of a vampire: 56 gold coins, a spike sword
20:39 Loot of a vampire: 28 gold coins
20:42 Loot of a vampire: 50 gold coins, a katana
20:44 Loot of a vampire: blood preservation
20:49 Loot of a vampire: 5 gold coins
20:51 Loot of a vampire: nothing
20:55 Loot of a vampire: vampire teeth
20:58 Loot of a vampire: 52 gold coins
21:00 Loot of a vampire: 39 gold coins
21:04 Loot of a vampire: 29 gold coins
21:07 Loot of a vampire: nothing
21:11 Loot of a vampire: 52 gold coins
21:13 Loot of a bonebeast: a skull
21:16 Loot of a vampire: 20 gold coins
21:19 Loot of a vampire: 27 gold coins
21:21 Loot of a vampire: 8 gold coins
21:26 Loot of a vampire: 22 gold coins, a grave flower
21:28 Loot of a vampire: 20 gold coins, vampire teeth
21:31 Loot of a vampire: 2 gold coins, vampire teeth
21:34 Loot of a vampire: 52 gold coins
21:37 Loot of a vampire: a gold coin, vampire teeth
21:40 Loot of a vampire: 21 gold coins
21:44 Loot of a vampire: 37 gold coins
21:48 Loot of a vampire: 49 gold coins
21:52 Loot of a vampire: 60 gold coins
21:55 Loot of a vampire: 47 gold coins
21:58 Loot of a vampire: nothing
22:02 Loot of a vampire: blood preservation, 7 gold coins, vampire teeth
22:05 Loot of a vampire: 50 gold coins
22:07 Loot of a vampire: 60 gold coins
22:11 Loot of a vampire: 57 gold coins
22:19 Loot of a vampire: nothing
22:23 Loot of a bonebeast: a skull
22:26 Loot of a bonebeast: a bone club
22:29 Loot of a bonebeast: a bone
22:33 Loot of a bonebeast: a bone club
22:35 Loot of a vampire: a black pearl,

2- If you take a look, just before the boss spawned, there was an increase number of vampires killed in a row. They usually spawn between 1-9 in a row before the bonebeast, but I had to kill 17 to encounter the boss.

Interesting. But not enough data to confirm it. You have to see what it will look like the next time you kill Mahatheb. I'll write that I saw Mahatheb appear after killing one vampire  😉

Obviously I will try to go there again in double resp. to get double results in same amount of time and check the amount of spawned mobs.

I have to disappoint you again. Double Respawn weekend doesn't work on vampire/bonebeast/Mahatheb spawn.  The only known method to speed up this spawn is Winterlight Solstice event.

It's cool that you're interested in this. I think Mahatheb might still have some secrets. I'm sure we're all interested in his loot  🙂  Did you know you're the 5th player who killed Mahatheb on Kenora ? Mahatheb was last killed in this world in 2017. You are very lucky. Really  🙂

Wow @mogh now I feel like if I had not done anything and I was feeling super proud of myself hahaahahah

The only known method to speed up this spawn is Winterlight Solstice event.

Did not know about that 😳 , I will then try again another boring day with nothing to do and profit double resp  😀 . 

Did you know you're the 5th player who killed Mahatheb on Kenora ? Mahatheb was last killed in this world in 2017. You are very lucky. Really

Yippie! Thank you 😀 Something positive at least  😛 

I am also pretty sure that he also hides something, too much mystery, why would Mahatheb be implemented in game if he had nothing special to deal with? I am not sharing server with you, but anything I can do to help from Kenora, let me know. Obviously you will get a post from me everytime I manage to encounter him. 

I have to disappoint you again.

Do not worry, it is not really disappointing, it is a pleasure to collaborate on this and its always nice to learn something new about bosses itself. So, finally, we could end up saying that his spawn is completely random, no pattern at all, no spawning method, etc. isn't it? Now, probably I will focus more on his loot statistics than in any other aspect.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Cristina.

I am also pretty sure that he also hides something, too much mystery, why would Mahatheb be implemented in game if he had nothing special to deal with?

I have similar thoughts. There's a chance he's dropping something interesting. Mahatheb is a little different from a regular mummy. For example he's got more HP and uses blood ball spell. It shows that someone designed this boss, not just copied the mummy and raised the HP. It is possible that the developers of the game have also introduced some interesting loot. However, if so, it is very rare.

So, finally, we could end up saying that his spawn is completely random, no pattern at all, no spawning method, etc. isn't it?

There's a lot of evidence of that. But who knows... The only confirmed way is to stand and kill vampires and bonebests.

I am not sharing server with you, but anything I can do to help from Kenora, let me know.

I've stopped investigating Mahatheb for this moment. I've spent hundreds of hours in Tomb and I need to rest by solving other riddles 🙂 But there's something to check. On spawn vampire/bonebeast/Mahatheb does not work rapid respawn weekend. But no one has yet checked if the Improved Respawn Rate works on it. If Edron is ever boosted in your world it's worth checking it out. I wish you could discover something new  😉

Mahtab or Mehtab' means "moonlight", "the fullmoon" splendor of the "moon".

Have anyone tried to investigate if time (Tibian-time) has anything to do with the spawn?

Wow ! A very interesting discovery. I see that it is a Persian word. Thank you for sharing it with us. Mahatheb was introduced in update 10.8. In the same update was introduced the Grimvale, which as we know, bases its mechanics on the full moon...

An interesting coincidence...

Have anyone tried to investigate if time (Tibian-time) has anything to do with the spawn?

I know a few people investigating the Mahatheb case. None of these people have investigated his spawn in terms of Tibia time. Interestingly, the monsters from the screenshot below appear and live only during Tibia night.

The spawn of these monsters is located exactly above the forgotten tomb.

The discovery of Sir Zersius is really interesting. Any new theories ?

I think I'll check it, as I'm bored again with normal hunting I am now more devoted to boss hunting again.

I have just read the article on tibiasecrets.com about rare loot from bosses. It motivated me to get into Mahatheb case again. Imma spend here next few days while working from home. I'll just camp Mahatheb's room for next 4 days. We'll see if I manage to get it resped. I won't be doing anything apart from killing monsters in his chamber.

I'll post numbers here.

Vampire Bonebeast
1.03.2021 79 7
2.03.2021 65 7
3.03.2021 106 8

Well, this is getting embarassing. No Mahatheb after almost 300  rounds.

@monte

I'm watching your efforts. Fingers crossed 🙂

Gonna try a few rounds myself in the upcoming days.

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next