Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Is there any secret to kill Tyrn as a paladin?

Page 1 of 2Next

Good night everyone.

Here's the matter: I've just found my fifth Tyrn, again (as ever), on Drefia. I've found 4 Tyrns on my 200 RP and a single one on my (then) 340~ ED. The mirror still remains a legend.

The kill was easy on my ED, but I REALLY struggle to kill Tyrn on my RP. The main problem's the intense and constant skill reduction on my RP - ML's not affected by Tyrn.

I thought that killing some of the respawn would make the job easier. This time I killed what I could and, then, I went for Tyrn. I was kinda disappointed as it did not improve the killing so much, the time spent was around the same I spent when killing Tyrn holding him against the wall, without killing any other creature.

So I want to ask you, guys, something: is it really like this always? Isn't there some secret to killing it as a RP (and, probably, as an EK)?

Here's the badass today:

Tyrn =)

And here's the cause of my struggle:

What a time waster ...

I am not Paladin expert, but I think that fire/poison bombs would help to kill him faster.

Well, my friend (520+ ek) said, that his exori gran hits are +/- 200. Maybe as RP try to use runes on it - avalanche or sudden death, but probably it won't make killing Tyrn much easier. Better deal with it 😀

Just deal with it really. He's designed to be annoying to paladins and knights (drunk and invisible plus skill reducing)

use summon maybe ?:D its pure fire\holy dmg so it will die easy

Quote from Akey on 24 August 2017, 15:09

use summon maybe ?:D its pure fire\holy dmg so it will die easy

Yup, this surely will help a lot, but gotta take care of it so it doesn't die. When I started the thread these summons didn't exist. Probably diamond arrows will help to kill Tyrn faster too, as they always hit and also have area effect. On the other hand, spectral bolts might make it easier too.

Updating, killed Tyrn a few days ago on my ~400 ED. Used like 15 SDs and 5 avalanches, the difference of mages to EKs on RPs vs Tyrn is a giant gap. However, after 6 Tyrns, still no mirror.

Just a little update ...

Killed Tyrn 2 more times since the last update. Friday on my ED and a hour ago on my RP. Sadly, still no mirror.

After the last summer update it has become way easier to kill Tyrn on RP as long as you can summon Emberwing. This was the first time I killed it on LB; I was just lucky to find it there, since I left my RP on Drefia and went to LB on my 130~ EK, which proved to be impossible to kill Tyrn due to skill reduction and damage. Killing it on LB is way easier than on Drefia due to lower creature count.

https://imgur.com/CQ8Wd8j

Anyways, I'm sure if even both characters were on the same level, it would still be much, much easier to kill it on a mage (ED on this case) with SDs, avalanches and eternal winter than on RP.

https://imgur.com/1UhQrYg

I think I'll update this thread, if there is no problem with that, until I put my hands on that mirror hehe.

Editing: just logged into my EK, which was the char I found the boss today and tried to use to kill it initially. I was surprised he also had a reward chest. I went to the Adventurer's Guild, opened it and ... no mirror, but got a silver raid token (got one on RP too) and shockwave amulet. Nice to see that, if you manage to hit these bosses with multiple chars, probably within a time frame, you can get more loot.

https://imgur.com/a/ckjMt

Killed one more right now, no mirror or raid token.

Good job! I wish you better loot next time 😀

IIIIIIIIIIT'S TIIIIIME !!!

Finally, today, in my tenth Tyrn, the mirror has left my imaginations and materialized into this world. Gotta thank, first of all, my faculty for not scheduling classes on monday to my class at the moment =)

My next goal are the other rare light sources. Here we go ?

Page 1 of 2Next